Now inflatable decorations are a recent phenomenon and more or less associated with Christmas. However, Halloween isn’t far behind since it’s a very popular holiday. And there are plenty of people who go way out for the holiday as well. So it’s not hard for the manufacturers to realize that there’s a market for them. Besides, many places tend to have trick or treaters so it helps that people’s homes be as Halloweeny or scary as possible. After all, when it comes to decorations, Halloween and Christmas are the two biggest occasions. Valentines and Easter you can take or leave. Still, while some decorations could be quite scary, I’m not sure what to think about inflatables on people’s yards. I mean it really doesn’t cost much to make your outdoor lawn scary to begin with. You can make a lot of scary stuff with simple materials from a craft store or old junk from home, reuse Christmas lights, carve pumpkins, and buy some other decorations at just about anywhere. I released earlier depicting exactly certain examples like someone using dresses or chicken wire for ghosts. I mean you can really get creative. But if you want a skeleton in your yard, I’d recommend that you don’t dig one up from the cemetery or a science classroom. Just buy a plastic one online or at a store. It’s just legally safer that way. Nevertheless, on the other hand, inflatable decorations are expensive, take more time to set up and take down, and are cartoonish. And let’s just say anything cartoonish is usually not scary. Still, I can show some of the better Halloween decorations. But you’d be bored to tears so I’ll show you some of the stuff that’s either tacky or doesn’t make sense. So for your reading pleasure here is an assortment of some crazy Halloween inflatables that you might see on someone’s yard.
- Here we start at party central where we meet a friendly Frankenstein monster and cat.
Yes, they seem to be rather friendly hanging out together. Of course, doesn’t make either very scary. Does it?
2. Specimen 1 says, “Welcome.”
Not sure what aliens have to do with Halloween. Then again, aliens and the paranormal tend to be lumped in the same subject matter as you’d see from the History Channel. Still, seems quite friendly.
3. Looks like somebody’s mummy needs some toilet paper.
Like what the outhouse says, “Smells like someone died in there.” Guess that the mummy must’ve taken a big dump. Wait a minute, why would a mummy need to take a shit?
4. Death comes to your yard in a 3-wheeler.
Not sure about the eyeball decoration in the front. Still, at least it’s purple, has a nice roof, and badass green and yellow flames.
5. “Happy Halloween” from the cute little owl.
Yes, it’s supposed to be an owl. I know it looks like a pumpkin with yellow wings as well as a beak, eyes, and feet. But it’s supposed to be an owl.
6. Of course, everyone must travel to the party in style like in a horse drawn hears.
And I see the coachman is a skeleton in a top hat. And the passenger is a corpse in its own casket. Looks like something startled the horse.
7. These ghosts seem to have a lot of haunted fun in their haunted tree house.
I kind of expected a haunted tree house to be more decrepit and abandoned looking. Not in red and purple. Also, seems like the tree isn’t too happy about the ghosts being around.
8. For haunting outdoors, it’s best that the scary organist bring his instrument from a horse drawn vehicle.
Of course, in real life, organs tend to take up whole rooms and can’t be carried. However, somehow this organ is compact and portable for transport.
9. On Halloween, pumpkin coach is a stylish mode of transportation.
Now this would be great for an Undead Cinderella themed ball. Think of it as Cinderella with zombies, vampires, skeletons, and other undead beings.
10. Whenever this witch goes to a party, she always has ghosts to take her there.
I guess these ghosts must wait on her hand and foot. Must suck being in the afterlife sometimes. Besides, perhaps this pampered enchantress should consider a broom.
11. Fans of The Wizard of Oz would appreciate this inflatable of the Wicked Witch of the East.
That’s just all there is. And these are meant to be placed right next to the house. Yeah, it’s supposed to look like the house smashed her during a tornado.
12. Nothing is scarier than a light up skull and neon spiders.
Now this is the kind of Halloween decoration I’d expect to see at a rave. Yeah, it’s quite freaky to say the least.
13. Oh, no, the ghost pirate ship is sinking!
Man, this would look pretty ridiculous if it was on the ground. Then again, it’s a ghost ship. So I’m not sure if it’s likely to sink at all, even if it’s full of holes.
14. Heard of Pop! Goes the Weasel? Here is Pop! Goes the Evil.
Now that clown is scary and creepy. Yes, that’s bound to give children nightmares. Or their parents.
15. Looks like Frank has some sweet new ride.
Now it seems that this hot rod’s roof is an outhouse. Wonder if he used the seat. Still, must give off a lot of gas emissions.
16. Zombie gnome is not your friend. Wants your brains.
Let’s just say if you see an undead gnome out there, stay out of that person’s garden. Yeah, undead gnomes are dangerous. And no, they can’t be killed by a stake in the neck.
17. For a big rat, you need a big trap.
I don’t know what to think about this. Seriously, I know Halloween has disgusting decorations. But still, a giant rat trap? I don’t think so.
18. Looks like Yellow is going as Frankenstein’s monster this year.
So how do they get the bolts in him like that? I mean he’s made out of chocolate. It’s not a flexible material if you get my drift.
19. Looks like the cat is containing the ghosts in the pumpkin.
I’m sure the ghosts can get out of the pumpkin just fine when they want to. However, it might freak out the cat though.
20. Hey! The cat’s gotten hold of the mummy wraps!
Yeah, the mummy isn’t too happy while the cat is grinning. Hope he has enough strength to get out of this jam without losing a limb or unraveling.
21. If you love Ghostbusters, then you’d like this Slimer inflatable.
The one in the movie was more disgusting but still gross. Still, I’m more partial to the Stay Puft Marshmallow Man.
22. Of course, nothing brings in the spirit of Ghostbusters than an inflatable of the Stay Puft Marshmallow Man.
Yes, let all be doomed before his marshmallowy wake. You don’t want to mess with the Stay Puft Marshmallow Man. Got to love this.
23. Remember, Frightening Fuel Services is at your service.
Of course, the most frightening thing about this service is the cost and excise tax. Still, seems to be a Halloween knock off from Cars. Like the dragon fixture on this 18 wheeler.
24. Seems like this monster is a player for the Spook University football team.
I’m sure no school in their right mind would want to go against such a team. There, every player on the team is either a beast or built like one.
25. I’m sure you’ve heard of a haunted house. But what about a haunted trailer?
The scary creatures couldn’t find an affordable home to set themselves up. And no apartment was willing to take them. So they had to settle for a trailer despite it being cramped and on land they have to pay rent to. And they’re getting hosed by the landlord at the trailer park.
26. If you can’t go on your own carriage or hearse, there’s always the haunted stagecoach.
Seems like ghouls are in the passenger section while the vampire is on the top. Love how the coffin is on the roof. Yet, a stagecoach driver must be wary around these parts.
27. Now this zombie gnome is a bit partial to arms.
Yes, he loves to munch on some tasty limbs. And he seems to have bitten a few fingers off.
28. Awww, Frankenstein and the ghosts are on a seesaw together.
Wait a minute, the ghosts shouldn’t weigh a thing. I mean Frankestein should be weigh them down. Yeah, the weight distribution shouldn’t be equal.
29. Want a haunted house in your yard? Perhaps try this inflatable for size.
I think it might just be easier and cheaper to make the front of your house look haunted. Inflatables can be quite a headache. Still, it does kind of look like a haunted Victorian mansion.
30. Frankenstein just wants to take a rest on his chopper.
Frankenstein on a chopper. Really? That’s crazy. Seriously, how could an undead monster fly something like that?
31. Guess a witch fell into the brew again.
Seems like she should know better than to dive into the witches’ brew head first. You really don’t know what the hell is in there. I mean it could be a recipe for rat poison for all you know.
32. If you think a neon spider is freaky, you should see an iridescent one.
Now this spider’s abdomen is about as illuminating as a disco ball. Yeah, more suitable for a rave. Hope its web has glittering lights.
33. Sometimes when the wraith comes around, it occasionally comes in a carriage.
Wonder how hard it’s going to be for the driver to find a place to park. Also, hope the skull doesn’t hurt matters.
34. Come right this way to hear your frightening fortunes.
Seems like Madam Skull Lady is doing Tarot card readings. Kind of wish she had a crystal ball instead. I mean that’s how I identify a fortune teller.
35. Hey, look, this clown is giving out free candy.
On second thought, I’ll take a pass at any of this evil clown’s free candy offers. Seriously, I don’t know what he’s going to do with that hammer. And I don’t even want to know either.
36. Honey, a flying saucer just crashed into our front yard! Come out and look here!
An inflatable flying saucer with inflatable dirt surrounding it. Yeah, that looks very realistic (sarcasm). The one in my lawn ornament post looked more believable.
37. Remember, if you want him to appear, you had to say his name 3 times.
Of course, it’s more or less undeniable that Beetlejuice was a better Michael Keaton performance than Birdman. Way better than Birdman, which shouldn’t have won an Oscar for Best Picture. Seriously, Academy, why couldn’t you choose Grand Budapest Hotel? It’s a great movie for God’s sake!
38. Oh, shit, this alien appears to be on the war path.
“Must kill earthlings. Must destroy evidence. Must take no prisoners.”
39. The Grimm Reaper just loves popping wheelies on his hot rod or tractor.
Yes, he really has a need for speed, doesn’t he? Still, with ghostly passengers, I’m not sure if that’s a great place to put his scythe.
40. All aboard the Haunted Express.
Funny how this train doesn’t have any passenger cars. Still, love the ghost and pumpkins. Also, like the vampire rising from his coffin in the back.
41. Forget broom flying, this wicked witch is riding a hog for the open road.
Of course, I’m sure magic will be a more effective safety measure than a helmet. But I’m not certain. Still, I don’t know if she should bring her cat along.
42. Happy Halloween from the wiener dog and owls.
And I see the dog has his dog treat bag at the ready. Still, does he have any idea that owls have talons? And that talons are sharp?
43. Ladies and gentlemen, I give you an evil snowman.
When Hell freezes over, you’ll have to reckon with this guy going after you. Still, perfect for any Nightmare Before Christmas display. Love those sharp stick arms.
44. Hey, look, Elmo is carving pumpkins for Halloween.
Wait a minute, don’t those those pumpkins look a bit like Elmo’s friends? Yeah, I think so. Hope Cookie Monster and Bert don’t mind being inspirations. But it’s still pretty creepy if you think about it.
45. You are now entering the Zombie Crossing.
The human characters from The Walking Dead could’ve used signs like these. Unfortunately, they don’t know where the zombies might show up, save grave yards.
46. This pumpkin seems to be on the lookout for ghosts to munch on.
This is more or less a Halloween tribute to Pac Man. Just so you know. Still pretty funny.
47. On Halloween night, it pays to beware of the dog.
Yes, this dog is mean as you can tell from his red eyes and spiked collar. Don’t want to cross him or he’ll tear you to pieces.
48. Nothing makes your yard scary for Halloween than an inflatable of a devouring plant.
Despite its saber tooth jaws, it doesn’t look like the kind of plant that would swallow people whole. I think Audrey II from Little Shop of Horrors was much scarier.
49. Oh, no, the ghosts are on fire!
Wait a minute, ghosts shouldn’t catch fire. They’re supposed to be made out of almost nothing. So why they’re screaming within the flames is beyond me. Then again, it might be just PTSD.
50. Don’t enter in, this is a crime scene investigation. A murder has been committed.
And it looks like the killer is still on the loose and is about to kill again. Still, kind of reminds me of the shower scene in Psycho from how the shadow looks.