Whether to get across a large body of water, fish, or just to cruise around, boats have always been with us. From the small paddle boats to the humongous cruise ships across the ocean, you’ll find plenty of all shapes and sizes. This is especially the case during the summer. At that time you’ll find rowboats, canoes, and kayaks on the rivers, lakes, and streams. While you may see sailboats and yachts on the oceans. Other boats include cargo ships, fishing boats, house boats, barges, tugboats, motorboats, gondolas, and pontoon boats. However, some of these boats you see on the water can be quite unusual these days, which is where I come in. So for your reading pleasure, I give you a treasure trove of boats that’ll make you scratch your heads if you saw them floating by.
- Bet you didn’t know a boat can have wings.
It’s actually a hovercraft with glider features. And by the way, they normally can’t fly unlike what you’d see in the Hunger Games.
2. If you’re an old timey spy, this boat might suit you.
It’s an old-fashioned amphibious vehicle. You’ll see a few of these on this post. Yet, this one resembles what you’d see in a 1960s spy movie.
3. You can go far on the water with this sneaker.
Yes, this is a giant shoe boat. And it seems like it has a motor inside it. Need I say more?
4. Now you don’t need to leave the lake if you want to soak into a hot tub.
Sure it’s impossible to make a hot tub time machine. But jacuzzi boats exist which looks quite strange, indeed.
5. Never thought I’d see a pumpkin boat before.
From what I see, I think they have a race involving these enormous pumpkin boats. Wonder what they use to make them so huge. Gamma rays?
6. While hotdogs normally get soggy in water, may I make an exception?
And this one is made of metal while equipped with a motor. Wonder if it serves hotdogs to boat racers.
7. Sometimes you just have to choose an unusual picnic spot.
Though having one on the water is kind of a stretch. But I guess you can always attach logs for buoyancy.
8. A motor boat must always make an impression.
This one is painted in bright red and yellow. So you can see it from miles away.
9. Perhaps a small, sleek, geometric boat might suit you.
Though it’s only available in black. And you most likely can’t afford it.
10. If you want a more naturalistic houseboat, we’ve got you covered.
This one seems to resemble a small cave home. Though I’m sure the rock facade is fake.
11. All you need to make a boat is a motor and a large dining room table.
Well, that seems to work for some reason. But not exactly the ideal boat most people would have in mind.
12. How about a tiki bar on the water?
It’s a pontoon boat with a bar, deck chairs, and artificial grass. You can even try to play golf on it.
13. Need a lift from the lake? This is the boat for you.
Yet, another boat that can fly. This one combines a small motor boat and an ultralight plane.
14. Let’s hope nobody runs into a pirate ship in traffic.
It’s an amphibious pirate ship, all right. But don’t worry, they only rob tractor trailer trucks.
15. When you’re stuck on the river’s shore, a truck bed boat comes in handy.
Indeed, you’ll find quite of few boats people made themselves in this post. This consists of a bed from an old Dodge.
16. Well, never saw a fly that big on the water before.
Well, it’s a large zipper fly. But it runs on water, not on teeth.
17. Ladies and gentlemen, I give you the hamma kayak.
This is one consists of a hammock and a kayak. But unlike most kayaks, it has shade.
18. Perhaps you’d like a small cottage on the water.
It’s just a small house on a barge. Still, it’s rather quaint.
19. This seems to give a fishing boat a whole new meaning.
Well, it’s a literal fish boat. But it’s seems more suited for the winter weather as you can see.
20. Whether on ice or water, best take an Arctic Ant.
It’s also known as a hydrocopter. And it’s a boat suited for adverse conditions as far as I know.
21. Got a shit load of cans? Make a boat out of it.
Though it’ll take a lot of cans. And make sure they’re washed and dried before assembly.
22. Now that’s what I call a recreational vehicle.
Indeed, most people can’t go on the water in an RV. But this is an exception, apparently.
23. Want to fly from the water? Just add wings.
I know this is another boat the flies. But I’m not sure if the wings did the trick in this case.
24. Perhaps you want to ride the waves in comfort.
This one has a couch on a pontoon. And it seems this family is enjoying themselves.
25. Apparently, a giant guitar makes a great floatation device.
This large guitar may not make a great instrument. But it’s perfect for a hipster’s boat trip across the river.
26. You’d find this small boat almost transparent.
And yes, it’s certainly made of plastic. But you can what’s underneath the water on the floor.
27. This boat operates on paddle power.
Seems like it’s a boat with an exercise machine. But the machine powers the boat.
28. With this boat, it’s some assembly required.
It’s a boat kit boat. Includes oars, rudder, and something resembling a motor, apparently.
29. You’ll find this boat out of the blue.
Since it’s mostly blue without it. But I don’t think it blends in the sky.
30. You’d almost assume this boat was folded.
It’s based on Japanese origami design. And I hope it’s not made out of real paper.
31. An amphibious vehicle should always have the right varnish.
It’s a car boat made out of wood. And for some reason actually seems to work.
32. Speaking of amphibious vehicles, this red boat car is state of the art.
Indeed, you probably cant’ afford it. But it’s quite stunning on the water.
33. Care for music on the water?
As you can see, this guy has his instruments all laid out. While his boat is painted in all kinds of colors. Don’t ask if he has weed.
34. A houseboat should always be one’s castle.
However, I don’t think medieval house boats looked like that. Since they’d more likely be made of wood and have sails.
35. I guess this car boat is used for safari tours.
Though it doesn’t seem to offer much protection. Since you can stick your head out the windows.
36. You’d almost think this car boat has Formula 1 caliber.
Since this boat seems to resemble a race car. But it works well in land or on the water.
37. Perhaps you may prefer a fancy wooden ship.
Yet, this seems to take the notion to unrealistic proportions. I mean real wooden ships were never that colorful.
38. Wonder how well you can row a cup.
This is seen as a coffee cup boat. And yes, it includes a saucer.
39. Behold, I give you the Cosmic Muffin.
I know it resembles a space shuttle you’d see on Star Trek. But it’s a boat recycled from a Howard Hughes plane.
40. If you want to stand out, a boat like this might do the trick.
What is that large black thing on the front of it? Is it a loudspeaker? Or something else?
41. You got to pedal hard to move a waterwheel.
Well, it’s a paddle wheel more or less. And there’s really not much room on it either.
42. This Earth Race boat will come in handy for supervillains.
Because it seems exactly like the boat you’d imagine Lex Luthor to have. And yes, it seems rather menacing.
43. If you’re stranded on a deserted island, why I have a boat for you.
It mostly consists of a tent on a sail raft. Then again, in some deserted island situations, this might not be feasible.
44. Perhaps you might want a boat in pink.
Yes, it’s the kind of boat you’d imagine Barbie to have. But this one is life size and way more expensive.
45. Aaaah! Shark!
Don’t worry. it’s just a shark submarine. Still, it looks really cool.
46. I give you the royal swan boat.
While swan boats exist, they’re nothing compared to this boat. Wonder if it’s a ferry.
47. This marlin seems to have a lot to say.
Not sure if I can make out the words. But this fish boat seems to have whimsical quality to it.
48. Hope you can get a load of these fly boats.
These are quite small compared to the other fly boats I’ve shown. Yet, they must be a sight to behold in the sky.
49. Check out this foot print boat across the water.
Of course, this kind of resembles something you’d see from a sci-fi shoe or movie. Yet, it doesn’t impress onlookers.
50. I’m sure you can enjoy a gazebo anywhere.
Well, it’s more like a gazebo house boat. But at least it includes a nice porch to fish from.
51. To keep up with the times, a boat car needs a sleek design.
If it was just a road car, it would’ve been considerably cheaper. Since it seems to resemble a slightly more expensive sedan.
52. Someone’s yacht must come with a glass top.
Yet, another sci-fi looking boat on the water. Seems like one Padme would vacation in on Naboo.
53. Sometimes it helps to rest on the water in style.
This one has a high chair with empty plastic barrels. Would be perfect for any lifeguard.
54. Never thought I’d see a houseboat like this before.
It seems to resemble an actual house with siding. Though it includes 2 decks and ladders.
55. You’d think this house boat came from a junk yard.
Well, it’s made from an old bus and other parts. But you can see how it can fit in a house boat design.
56. This house boat has some rather tropical luxury accommodations.
This one is more suited for island areas near the Equator. But the roof almost makes it seem like it’s somewhat affordable.
57. Where are the sails on this thing?
You have to wonder about that. Still, what are those tall things supposed to be? I can’t even imagine.
58. Perhaps this boat can be a bridge on the waterways.
Heard this is called a Proteus ship. Yet, it’s the kind of boat with its own jet skis, apparently.
59. With this camper, you can have your site on water or land.
Well, that’s one way to make a house boat. Still, don’t forget to have chairs for a patio.
60. Sometimes it helps if you raise the trailer up a bit.
Yet, another redneck house boat. And one that can really use a paint job since it’s quite rusty.
61. A boat of reeds can surely float.
Though it appears rather flammable if you ask me. Still, the figurehead is quite cute.
62. This rowboat operates on solar power.
You’d think she wouldn’t need oars for a solar powered boat. But you’d be wrong.
63. May I give you the Sea Shadow.
This is supposed to be the naval equivalent to a stealth plane. Though it seems like the kind of boat you’d imagine Darth Vader using.
64. Oh, my God, it’s a Orca on the shore!
Actually it’s an orca submarine. And yes, it can jump out of the water.
65. This boat runs with the sun.
And yet, this boat is made by the genius company behind the Gulf of Mexico oil spill. And that is why I oppose offshore oil drilling.
66. Looks like these settlers decided to row across the river.
Sadly, after their crossing, Brad would later fall ill and die of dysentery. He will be missed.
67. I dub thee the HMS Wooden Subby.
Yes, it’s supposed to be a wooden submarine. But no, I don’t think it was present during the Battle of Trafalgar.
68. You’d almost think someone was living inside a nut.
It’s actually a weirdly designed houseboat. And yes. it even has a window.
69. This boat seems to have a rather Dutch disposition.
It’s a clog boat with tulips painted on it. Must’ve been made in the Netherlands.
70. This gives a whole new meaning to the word, “duck boat.”
It’s a boat resembling a duck. But please don’t pay attention to the windows and marks on it.
71. A boat will ride like the wind with a wind turbine.
Though it may not travel very far. But it does have a homespun look to it.
72. Perhaps a modern windmill boat may suit you.
And this one is mainly used as a sail. And yet, sticks out like a sore eye.
73. A wooden boat should always be one of good taste.
This one even has 2 decks and a porch. Yet, it’s best not to leave any fires on it alone for too long.
74. Perhaps a simple wooden boat will suit your fancy.
This one even has wooden cabins and windows. Quaint for relaxing on a Sunday afternoon.
75. I almost thought it was a cruise ship.
It’s actually a small boat that can only fit one guy. Yet, it’s quite lovely to look at.
76. Behold, the Nautlimo.
It’s a pink limo on the water. So you can travel on the river in style.
77. You’d almost think it’s a canned truck.
This one has a pink cross on the side. Not to mention, it has tires to act as wheels on the water.
78. Care to cruise in a muscle car?
It’s a 1950’s style car boat. And you can drive it on land or water.
79. Got a bike with large tires? Make a boat out of it.
You’ll have to row it. But you can rest your head on the rubber and paint the flowers on the tires.
80. Children would love a treehouse on the river.
Yes, they seem quite happy. Yet, I wonder what the tree house could fit in.
81. Got plastic bottles? Make a boat out of them.
Well, at least these people made something constructive out of this junk. And I’m sure it’ll last for years.
82. Boat or a resort home?
It’s more of a yacht that has a house on top. Includes trees and a deck.
83. You can’t have a well-dressed boat without curtain.
And yes, the curtains are on the top. What they’re used for, I don’t know.
84. A fancy boat should always include windows.
Yes, it does resemble a piece of bad architecture. But it’s a sleek metal boat from Russia.
85. Wouldn’t you want to fish in comfort?
This one has a comfy chair on a barrel barge. But someone has their fishing rods on the edge.
86. Don’t like scuba diving but like to see what’s underwater? This EGO Submarine boat is for you.
This is a personal-semi-submarine. Expensive but quite cool to look at.
87. “We all live in a yellow submarine…”
When I saw one of these in Google Images, I had to include it. Ironically, it’s in Liverpool.
88. Anyone would flip over this dolphin submarine.
Though I wonder how big it is compared to a dolphin. Still, looks kind of cool.
89. So I guess there’s a biblical flood looming.
Don’t worry, it’s some Dutch guy’s replica of Noah’s Ark. Sadly it doesn’t have any unicorns.
90. Even you can put solar panels on your boat.
And yes, they’re well suited for powering boats, too. Though the sun isn’t as effective as gasoline.
91. You’d find this wooden house boat quite charming.
Well, it’s rather small. But includes a deck, ladder, and windows.
92. Now you can have your own Viking long ship.
I know it’s kind of a home made attempt. Still, I hope the monastery nearby has a high tech security system.
93. You can go anywhere on the water in this red boat.
It’s of redneck design by the way. Though it almost seems like someone spent a fortune on it.
94. You’d almost mistake this boat for the Magic School Bus.
It’s actually a duck boat from London. And no, it can’t shrink and travel through your body.
95. Bet you can’t go across the river in a hydrocopter.
This one has blades on the bottom to move it along. But only room for a few.
96. Oh, no, the ship’s sinking! We’re sinking!
Actually, the boat was designed that way. The guy’s fine.
97. You’d think this house boat was futuristic.
It’s actually made from an old camper. And I don’t think it’s for sale.
98. This boat makes for a whale of a tale.
It’s a whale boat, get it. Nonetheless, it’s quite huge if you ask me.
99. Sometimes a simple boat house will do.
This is a pre-fab boat house. And it’s ultramodern as well as not quite fancy.
100. Looking at this boat, you’d wonder if your eyes hurt.
This one is painted in a bizarre pattern. Still, I’m sure onlookers would complain.