Now the felt black and gold scarf I’m wearing was most certainly a craft project. I’m not sure where I got it from but it probably wasn’t licensed by the NFL because it wasn’t intended to sell.
Disclaimer: Some of this content may or may not be licensed by the NFL as far as I’m concerned. It’s said that products not NFL licensed can’t really be sold. But on this post, who really gives a shit. Besides, many of these products might be sold on Etsy anyways as we speak. Some might not be even on sale at all. And even if they’re not licensed and unsold, I’ll still show them anyway. So suck it, NFL Commissioner Roger Goodell.
You normally don’t think of football and crafty projects as things that go together. I mean you always hear the joke about the guy forgoing his sports obsession so his wife can go to the craft show. However, as I’ve navigated the uncharted waters of Pinterest, you tend to find a lot of sports inspired craft projects for some reason. Of course, some may say that they were made by moms, but sometimes it’s not always the case. I mean craft projects tend to cover a wide range and I’m sure there are plenty of women sports fans. Not to mention, you have NFL legend Rosey Grier who was a defensive tackle as well as one of the original Fearsome Foursome for the then Los Angeles Rams as well as got elected to the Pro Bowl twice. However, off the field, Grier was known for his unusual hobbies like needlepoint and macrame. Not only that, but he also wrote a book in 1973 called Rosey Grier’s Needlepoint for Men. So let’s just say the association between the NFL and craft projects isn’t as far fetched as you think. And I guarantee that people make all kinds of things to support their team as you might see on Pinterest or Etsy. So if you’re just a fan who likes to work with their hands, here is an assortment of NFL crafts for your viewing pleasure and possible inspiration.
- For keeping warm in Wisconsin, you might want to go with a Green Bay Packers quilt.
Now this quilt is guaranteed to protect you from the cold as well as passionate Green Bay Packers fans. Yes, they can be a rowdy bunch if you let them.
2. A boy’s room can’t be without a Denver Broncos football lamp.
Now this Broncos lamp will look great in any little Denver boy’s room. Of course, it’s possible that one of the South Park kids has this.
3. No little Dallas Cowboys fan should go without their very own crotchet cowboy hat and boots.
Well, it’s appropriate for a young Dallas Cowboy fan. However, the problem with little kid clothes is that they tend to grow out of them very quickly.
4. A Seahawks crocheted cap will certainly keep you snug in Seattle.
And they seem to come in multiple sizes. Still, love the hawk motif on them. However, I think the smaller one might be a bit more angry.
5. Drink a toast with a hand painted New England Patriots wine glass.
Of course, Patriots fans, it’s best to hold a toast before the cheating allegations get out. And not when Tom Brady’s suspension is lifted so he can start as quarterback in the opening game.
6. Let this wooden cross signify that Gold bless the Dallas Cowboys.
Yes, I know that Cowboys fans may be good Christians. But nevertheless, as someone from the Pittsburgh area, I have strong doubts that God is on their side.
7. This little Pittsburgh Steelers doll waves her Terrible Towel in pride.
Now this is adorable with her little smile and pigtails. Also love her black and gold stockings.
8. Any football fan should show their team spirit with their very own fan of lace.
And it seems like these consist of the Dallas Cowboys, the San Francisco 49ers, the Oakland Raiders, and the Pittsburgh Steelers. Not to mention, the 49ers fan comes in black or white lace.
9. You can’t have a wreath supporting the Miami Dolphins if you don’t have feathers and ribbons.
I guarantee that you’ll see a lot of wreaths in this post. And yes, I admit that this wreath possesses the some degree of tackiness. But you can say the same about Florida.
10. You can’t welcome guests for game day without an Oakland Raiders lamp post.
I’m sure this decoration was rarely used for a Super Bowl party. Knowing how the Raiders don’t have a great track record.
11. Nothing makes tailgating better than a Detroit Lions lawn chair.
They have lawn chairs for each team by the way. And they’re all painted and made from wood. So they’re more durable than their plastic counterparts.
12. Don’t have a tailgating centerpiece? You can always make one yourself.
This one is for the Washington Redskins. And the fact it’s DIY is quite obvious. But still, anything with Redskins imagery is said to be offensive to Native Americans. For obvious reasons.
13. Top off your pencils with your very own Indianapolis Colts pencil toppers.
Seems like one of the more useless craft projects ever. Seriously, bare pencils look professional. Pencils with canvas decorations look stupid.
14. A little girl must always shine in her little Seattle Seahawks ribbon trimmed tutu.
Yes, there are even crafts where people can decorate NFL tutus for some reason. Of course, this is for a little girl so its adorable for now.
15. Bring the football spirit outside with this Green Bay Packers birdhouse.
Comes with its very own grill and beer keg. Still, it looks as if it was fashioned by Lincoln logs for some reason.
16. Though these two may be rooting for different teams, they always try to keep their marriage strong.
My cousins from Maryland seriously need to get this for their parents on their next wedding anniversary. Still, it’s kind of funny how my Uncle Mike didn’t speak to my Aunt Jane for 2 days after the Steelers won a game against the Ravens in a major upset.
17. Why wear a player jersey while you can don a Denver Broncos apron for the big game?
Well, at least you don’t have to worry about players being traded. Of course, I’m not sure about the orange strap on the front though.
18. Relax and enjoy the tailgate party with this New England Patriots lawn chair cushion.
Of course, there’s a strong chance that this might be deflated like the New England Patriots’ footballs. Have to get that out there somewhere.
19. For Christmas why don’t you hang a candy cane San Francisco 49ers snow flake on your Christmas tree?
Now this is an elaborate ornament for a Christmas tree. Of course, Not sure where they got the gold and red snowflakes from. But I think this ornament should be kept higher in the tree to keep away from small children and animals.
20. Even minions love the Green Bay Packers.
Now this is an ornament made from clay. However, let’s just say that minions are seen almost everywhere in the craft world since they’re so easy to make.
21. Have old glass bottles lying around? Then why not make Dallas Cowboys bottle lamps out of them?
Okay, I’m not a fan of the Dallas Cowboys. But even I have to admit that these are really nice bottle lamps.
22. You don’t need a lot of ribbon and decorations to make a New Orleans Saints wreath.
It’s also not well known that many New Orleans Saints craft decorations can also be used for Mardi Gras. Well, if you don’t put much emphasis on the color scheme.
23. This Seattle Seahawks dress will certainly make game day a blast.
Now I’m not sure about the green stripes on the top. Then again, maybe this dress is in very poor lighting.
24. Have your tailgate party on game day with a Houston Texans mosaic table.
I’m sure this took a long time to build and put in a mosaic. Of course, the person who made this at least supports a team with an easy logo.
25. Keep your feet nice and warm with these NFL fleece boot liners.
Now we have the Chicago Bears, Green Bay Packers, and the Pittsburgh Steelers. Or as I call it teams from places where it gets really cold and/or wet.
26. Seems like this Minnesota Vikings fan has a quilt on full display.
Yes, this is the second quilt on this post. But it’s on display with a square pattern. Not to mention, this dog seems very happy about it.
27. Cook tailgate dishes on game day with this Dallas Cowboys apron.
Reminds me of the kind of aprons you see women wearing in 1950s sitcoms. You know the black and white shows you see the mom being immaculately dressed in the late afternoon with perfect hair.
28. Of course, if you can’t put lights in a bottle, you can always use a mason jar.
Now these consist of the Philadelphia Eagles, the Pittsburgh Steelers, and the Dallas Cowboys. And each one is a color respective to their team.
29. For little girls, a San Diego Chargers dress is perfect for game day.
Now this is adorable. Also, said to be made from an old pillow case. Not only that, but it also comes with a couple of bows.
30. With a feather boa, a strong blue Christmas ribbon, a horseshoe cardboard piece, and a hanger, you too, can make your very own Indianapolis Colts wreath.
Now this is quite flashy for NFL craft projects. However, you can tell this was made from a hanger because it doesn’t look quite round. But, hey, what can you do.
31. Some people buy their own grills. Others make them, especially this Dallas Cowboys fan with too much time on his hands.
Comes with a cooler, bucket, trash can, and more. Still, hope this one runs on charcoal and not propane. But you have to wonder why anyone would even make this in their garage.
32. Now you can store your favorite sweets in these NFL candy dispensers.
Now these come in San Francisco 49ers, Oakland Raiders, Denver Broncos, Pittsburgh Steelers, and San Diego Chargers. Of course, what candy you put in depends on you. But I would recommend that you avoid Dum Dums lollipops.
33. This Philadelphia Eagles flower pony tail holder is bound to make any young fan look pretty.
Now they have a lot of these and for every team. But since I didn’t put anything from the Eagles, this will do.
34. Any Christmas tree in Wisconsin can’t be complete without a Green Bay Packers light bulb ornament.
Interesting how many craft projects involved making stuff from recycled materials. For all I know this could be a light bulb that burned out.
35. An avid fan just can’t go to a winter game without a Denver Broncos crocheted helmet.
It might keep you warm during the winter. But it won’t protect you from a concussion. Still, a very clever design.
36. Even this wooden snowman supports the Pittsburgh Steelers.
Now this is quite adorable. Of course, it can’t hold a football and Terrible Towel. However, still manages to show its spirit.
37. This little snowman is showing its spirit for the Detroit Lions.
I think they have snowmen like this for all the teams. But unlike the other snowman, this one is fully clothed and sewn with denim.
38. Now you can’t spend football game night without a New Orleans Saints table light.
I think this creation was made with two dollar store picture frames. And I guess the fleur de lis came from printed paper.
39. Light up your lawn with this Green Bay Packers spotlight.
I wonder if this produces a logo like bat signal. Also, I’m sure some comic book geek wants to make one of their own only with a different shape instead of a Packers logo.
40. Nothing makes you a true football fan like a crocheted Minnesota Vikings viking hat.
Now this looks quite crazy with the long horns and the braided pigtails. And I think this one might be made for a baby of either gender.
41. Nothing makes your home look better than a Baltimore Ravens stone edging.
Of course, I’m sure my Uncle Mike might want this. However, my Aunt Jane certainly won’t let him. Also, they have these in straight edge as well as for all teams.
42. Light it up with a Pittsburgh Steelers pipe lamp.
Made with the kind of pipes you might leave in your garage or buy at a hardware store. Also, pulled by a black and gold football string.
43. Celebrate this Christmas by putting a New York Giants fan elf ornament on your Christmas tree.
Seems like the North Pole elves are Giants fans for some reason. Then again, beating the New England Patriots in two Super Bowls probably would put those guys on Santa’s “nice” list.
44. Keep warm during the winter with this crocheted Chicago Bears hat.
Now this seems like a fashionable style for some people. Then again, for others, it looks as if it’s straight out from the 1970s.
45. Kick back and relax with these Kansas City Chiefs flowery flip flops.
Of course, these are for women since they haven’t put flowers on men’s clothing items since the 1970s. Still, quite summery for football season aren’t they?
46. Your Christmas tree always looks great with a Carolina Panthers snowman ornament.
Surprising that a snowman could be a fan of the Carolina Panthers. Because I’m sure that they don’t have many people building snowmen in the Carolinas during the winter, especially during the Christmas season. Hell, where I live doesn’t get a lot of snow that time of year either.
47. Watch the game with your very own Chicago Bears pillow couch.
Well, it looks like a loveseat since it appears quite small. Still, sometimes photographs can disguise the size.
48. Wrap your baby in their very own Cleveland Browns baby blanket.
Hate to say this, Cleveland, but brown doesn’t make a great team color. Take it from someone who knows. Also, calling your team “the Browns” isn’t much better either.
49. Bedazzle your guests with this jeweled Denver Broncos tumbler.
Not sure of how I feel about decorating drinking vessels with jewels. On one hand, I might like stuff like this. But on the other hand, it just seems so tacky for some reason.
50. Have your dog show support for your team with this New York Jets crocheted Mohawk doggie hat.
Of course, this gives New York Jets fans another opportunity to make their dogs look ridiculous. As if dogs need it already (they don’t). Besides, when it comes to sports fandom, let’s leave pets out of it.
51. You can’t be the ultimate fan without a Denver Broncos horse hat.
Now this is an interesting hat. But I’m sure it’s made for little kids. Nevertheless, it’ll make an interesting conversation piece either way.
52. Have a festive entry way with this Jacksonville Jaguars ribbon and print wreath.
Now this is another ribbon wreath but it also has prints containing footballs and animal prints. Of course, this wreath was uploaded by a user and is most likely not for sale.
53. Create a winter atmosphere with this Baltimore Ravens frosty glass block.
Now they have these for all the different teams. But I don’t have a lot of Baltimore Ravens stuff on here. However, I’m sure that this one would look better without the team logo.
54. Go to the game in style with this Atlanta Falcons dress.
Now this might be a slimmer fit as well as made by old materials. However, while it’s bright red color may help you stand out, it won’t be the case at a Falcons game.
55. Light up your house for game day with this Pittsburgh Steelers mosaic lamp.
This photo only shows the lamp’s base. But it’s basically all you need to see, for now.
56. Drink a toast during the game with this Tampa Bay Buccaneers Crown Royal glass.
Yes, it looks like a stained glass bottle used to store alcoholic drinks. But still, pirates love their rum. And besides, it’s hand painted.
57. Make your hair stunning with this Buffalo Bills headband.
Not be an exact logo but it’s certainly an A for effort. Also, this is probably one of the easier craft projects to do on this post.
58. Protect yourself from the cold with this Cincinnati Bengals crocheted Mohawk hat.
Yes, this might look kind of ridiculous on someone. But at least this hat was made for humans, not pets. Why people want to dress their pets, I have no idea.
59. Celebrate the Christmas season with your very own Pittsburgh Steelers reindeer.
Well, it may not have a red nose. But it does have Steeler antlers, a Terrible Towel scarf, and Steeler leg bands.
60. Give a big impression with an Arizona Cardinals stained glass sun catcher.
Now I’m sure this would be great to show support for your team as well as wreak rival fans with glare. And yes, that’s a big cardinal.
61. These Atlanta Falcons booties are great for tiniest fans.
Of course, any baby who wears this might not learn to appreciate the joys of their team until they’re older. Because I know these things are out there for pleasing the parents.
62. Drink to your health with this Tennessee Titans mason jar wine glass.
Of course, cleaning this might depend on the kind of dishwasher you have. But at least it has a lid to keep your wine from spilling if you’re not drinking it.
63. Show your teams pride with this Seattle Seahawks necklace pendant.
Now this is made from ribbons and put in the shape of a star. It’s also held by a chain, by the way.
64. Keep warm from the elements with this crocheted Saint Louis Rams cap.
And it has a horn just like you see in the Rams’s helmets. Made for a child, so I’m sorry if you older fans are disappointed.
65. Keep warm this season with this Seattle Seahawks square scarf.
Now this scarf is made with Seahawks and bright green squares, all sewn together. Not sure what it’ll look like on somebody though.
66. Deck your halls with this Miami Dolphins Christmas tree ornament.
Now this is a stuffed ornament with ribbons and cloth. Yet, at least it’s not a snowman because we all know that Miami doesn’t see a single snowflake all year round. Well, unless you count their dolphin mascot from Ace Ventura.
67. Style your hair with your very own Pittsburgh Steelers bow.
Yes, they have these. Oh, and yes, they do have one for every team. Of course, it’s cute and adorable in black an gold. And I picked the Steelers one since it shows up better.
68. Now this Washington Redskins quilt uses quite an elaborate design.
Now I really like the star pattern. However, we should all acknowledge that this won’t be accepted at a Native American casino. Of course, why the Redskins don’t change their name is beyond me.
69. Decorate your lawn with a very special Green Bay Packers flamingo.
Hate to say this, but I kind of expect to see an NFL themed flamingo to depicts teams like the Tampa Bay Buccaneers, Jacksonville Jaguars, and the the Miami Dolphins. Yet, this a Green Bay Packers one, a team that resides in a place where there are no flamingos whatsoever.
70. Now you, too, can cuddle up with your very own Saint Louis ram.
Now this is so adorable that even a young Rams fan might appreciate it. However, it does look a bit angry if you look at its eyes.
71. Drink in style with a bejeweled Houston Texans wine glass.
If it’s not bejeweled tumblers, it’s bejeweled wine glasses. Seriously, do people not understand that such wine glasses are tacky not classy?
72. Have sweet dreams with your very own Pittsburgh Steelers dream catcher.
Remember a dream catcher is meant to protect people against experiencing nightmares. Or as Steeler fans see it, dreams involving a Super Bowl with the New England Patriots squaring off against the Dallas Cowboys. That or the Dallas Cowboys winning the Super Bowl.
73. Keep your neck warm from the cold with this San Francisco 49ers fringe scarf.
Hey, I got one of these as you see in my opening picture. Except that it’s black and gold and not too fancy.
74. Now you can hang up stuff on your very own Seattle Seahawks bulletin board.
Of course, they have these for all the teams as you may know. But I’m sure that some Seahawks fans don’t want to be reminded of what went down during the last Super Bowl.
75. Prepare your tailgate platter with this Green Bay Packers quilted table spread.
Actually this might be more appropriate for a buffet table which isn’t normally used for food. Well, if it’s beautifully furnished anyway. Well, why they call it a buffet table, I really don’t understand.
76. Keep the room smelling nice with these Denver Broncos scented candles.
Now as to what a Denver Broncos candle might smell like is the question. Hope it’s not of an actual Denver Bronco. Still, I’m sure the jars are hand painted, by the way.
77. Make your cat happy with these NFL themed catnip toys.
Well, at least they’re things a cat might actually like. These consist of the New England Patriots and the Green Bay Packers.
78. Of course, any woman is bound to enjoy these Baltimore Ravens earrings.
Yes, I’m sure plenty of women would like these. However, if my uncle from Maryland got these for my aunt, well, let’s just say it wouldn’t go well. Well, unless he got the Ravens logos replaced by the Steelers logos instead.
79. Celebrate the Christmas season with a New York Giants snowman door decoration.
Of course, you can tell that it’s a New York Giants snowman from its Santa cap. Also has a red scarf.
80. Grace your home with this Pittsburgh Steelers flower pot arrangement.
The flowers and foliage are fake. But I’m sure people would buy this anyway. Because I know that Steeler fans kind of have a reputation for being crazy.