This is me in my Steeler gear since I live within the Pittsburgh Metropolitan area. Now I may not be a big sports fan like my dad. But since I have a Terrible Towel, a Steeler T-Shirt, Steeler earrings, and a Steeler scarf, I thought I might as well use them for this post. Besides, this is kind of tame compared to the fans you’ll see in this.
As many of you avid sports fans may know, this Thursday is the start of NFL Football season which is opening that night in a game between this year’s Super Bowl champions the New England Patriots against my home team the Pittsburgh Steelers. Of course, we know that Tom Brady will be starting since he acted like a big baby and challenged his 4 game suspension in court over the deflated football scandal, but that’s beside the point. Now while my dad may be an avid Steeler fan as well as looks forward to watching the games week after week, he’d rather do so in the comfort of his own home on TV. At least there he can go to the bathroom during commercial break, not have to pay for food or admission, and sit in a place most comfortable to him. However, there are plenty of football fans who tend to go a bit further than my dad. Some of these might be wanting to see their team at Steeler Training Camp or going to the games themselves. And then there are people who have to go to the games all dressed up for the occasion in their full regalia. Some of these fans have very creative ways to show their love for their favorite team. Some of them even become known characters with their own blurb on the news as such. So for your reading pleasure to you NFL fans out there, I give you an assortment of pro football fans out there dressed up to show their support for their teams.
- I swear to you that this Oakland Raiders fan is a little on the Dark Side of the Force.
And Darth Vader is all decked in his spiked shoulder pads and bracelets to show it. Play well, Raiders, or else he might Force choke you. And you don’t want that.
2. Now this woman can’t leave home for the game without her Cleveland Browns hat.
Now I have to admit, she has quite a creative fashion sense as the Bone Lady. However, I’m sure dressing like that isn’t going to help her team. And I know that the Browns aren’t known for their winning streaks in the AFC North.
3. When it comes to withstanding the cold, Packers fans are the most resilient around.
Now these guys must have been outside for hours. Then again, the icicles are only part of the costume. Or so it seems.
4. Now this luchador is ready to fight for his beloved Houston Texans.
Of course, I hope that guy is a Mexican because his costume is a bit stereotypical. Also, I’m sure luchadores don’t use knives in the ring, let alone long badass ones.
5. Sometimes a Colts fan needs to show up to the game all covered in his bling.
Now if all that doesn’t make him a Super Fan, then I don’t know what does. Still, I’m sure he has a tendency to put all his fellow Indianapolis Colts fans to shame.
6. When it comes to the Alien vs. Predator ordeal, I’m fairly confident that Predator is an avid Seattle Seahawks fan.
Now I’d really hate to see how this guy’s taking it after seeing the Seahawks losing to the Patriots at the Super Bowl. Let’s just say he was especially not pleased with his team losing to a bunch of cheaters known to deflate their footballs.
7. While Darth Vader may like the Raiders, Boba Fett seems to prefer the Saints.
Of course, he might be so disappointed that he didn’t have a role to play in Bountygate. If he did, then the other teams players would probably be frozen in carbonite by now.
8. Now when it comes to the big game, Kansas City Chiefs fans certainly know how to dress.
Cultural appropriation aside, I have to admit the Arrowhead is quite clever. However, I’m not sure what creature the other guy is supposed to be. Seems like a combination between a man, a ferocious dog, and a bear.
9. When it comes to supporting the Denver Broncos, it all depends on the kind of head you wear.
I don’t know about you, but I find the idea of wearing a horse’s head to a game as both creepy and strangely amusing at the same time. I’m not sure what other people might think of it though.
10. Of course, a true Oakland Raiders fan can’t leave home without his skulls.
And it seems that this guy has a lot of them. Of course, I wonder the ones on his belt add to any discomfort if he feels like sitting down.
11. Even the Voo Doo monsters turn out to support the New Orleans Saints.
Of course, I think this guy might frighten kid. But, seeing his beloved Saints helps get him out of the swamp now and then. Besides, he’s actually quite friendly when you get to know him.
12. These two sisters traveled all the way from Whoville to show their support for their beloved Green Bay Packers.
Now I’m sure those women probably drove to the game in a convertible. Because I can’t think of a car that would accommodate these crazy Dr. Seuss inspired hairdos. Then again, they could just be wigs for all we know.
13. This Seattle Seahawks fan has his ungodly horns signed by all his favorite players.
Yes, he may be an evil blue monster with green horns. But when the Seahawks are in town, he still feels the need to turn up to show his support.
14. You might not know it, but I hear that the Twin Cities have their ComicCon around this time of year.
Yes, this guy is dressed in his custom made Superman outfit. And yes, he’s wearing it to support his beloved Minnesota Vikings. Not sure about the goofy wig though.
15. Aside from intergalactic bounty hunters and Voo Doo monsters, plenty of Voo Doo witches and witch doctors also support the New Orleans Saints as well.
And it seems that she has found the perfect skull headdress with feather to match her leopard print dress. Still, she should consider dressing like that for Halloween as well.
16. Nothing shows your love for the Green Bay Packers than wearing helmets carved out of pumpkins.
Yes, they look ridiculous. And yes, it might smell in there. Oh, and yes, it might block the view of those behind them. But still, they at least showe their unique spirit for their team.
17. Even cyborgs have to turn up to support their beloved Oakland Raiders.
Yes, he might be a fearsome cyborg employed by some maniacal supervillain. But even he needs a break so he can go to see the Oakland Raiders once in a while.
18. Of course, there are some Denver Broncos fans that lean to the Dark Side of the Force.
Better play well, Peyton Manning. Or else this orange Darth Vader will force choke you like you wouldn’t believe. And let me tell you, you don’t want that Peyton. You really don’t.
19. Of course, you always need a few holy men to turn out to support the New Orleans Saints.
Now I’m sure these aren’t bishops or ordained clergy. But at a game like this, they’ll do. Not sure if the Saints are a worthy enough team to bless after Bountygate though. But that’s just me.
20. Of course, you can’t show your love for the Saint Louis Rams without wearing a hat of watermelon.
How the guy managed to clear the watermelon pulp without cutting it open, I have no idea. Then again, he always seems to hold on to it somehow.
21. This old lady always has to look her best when she goes to see the Seahawks.
Yes, this granny has to wear her blue wig with green, her feather boas, and her sparkly frames. And now she’s ready for showtime.
22. Sometimes it’s a hard life being a Green Bay Packers fan.
Yes, he might be dressed like a pimp in his Green Bay Packers regalia. However, at least he’s dressed for the weather because it’s snowing in this picture.
23. Seems like these two south of the border fans managed to get their favorite Packers to sign their queso.
I know these two aren’t Mexicans. But they’re certainly dressed like them. Might be kind of offensive but what do you know? They’re probably from Wisconsin and might’ve not seen a single Mexican in their lives.
24. This Colts fan always knows how to dress for the occasion.
Yes, he’s sitting in the stands trying to act so chill in his goofy hat and sunglasses. Still, you have to give it to him that he really loves his team.
25. Straight from Seattle brings you the one and only Hawk Daddy and his sidekick Mini Hawk.
Yes, this guy is dressed as a pimp and so is his doll. However, it’s such a ridiculous fan costume that I couldn’t resist not putting it on here.
26. Raise up the Jolly Roger because Dead Pirate Roberts is here for his Oakland Raiders.
Yes, zombie pirates may be the bad guys in the Pirates of the Caribbean franchise. But even they have to reserve their fall weekends to they can watch their beloved Oakland Raiders.
27. When it comes to the Washington Redskins, it’s always the fans who have to show up in style.
Okay, these may be dressed as raiders. But despite being fans of a team with a bad name, I kind of like their costumes.
28. Now this Imperial Storm Trooper showed his love for the Pittsburgh Steelers by coming with his T-Shirt gun.
Of course, it’s very unlikely he’ll even hit anything with it. Still, he certainly feels the Pittsburgh steel since he has his Terrible Towel with him.
29. Nothing shows your support for the San Diego Chargers than showing up to the game in your brightly colored mohawk wigs.
Yes, I’m sure it wouldn’t be normal to see blue and pink mohawk on three generations. But these people sure do their best to support their team.
30. Let me guess, these guys must be with the Minnesota Vikings.
Because the fact they’re in purple suits with horned hats and yellow shirts kind of indicated that to me. Still, I’d watch it with those hats. Don’t want to poke anyone’s eye out.
31. Now these women must dress in their best finery before attending an Oakland Raiders game.
Of course, these ladies certainly dress to impress. And yes, showing their support for the Raiders means wearing their fanciest clothes like they would at a European carnival.
32. As evil as this dark undead warrior may be, chances are he wouldn’t miss an Oakland Raiders game for the world.
Yes, all decked out in his chains and armor, this skeleton warrior wants nothing more than to show support for his team and enjoy the game. Seems like a lot of Raiders fans have some outlandish costumes for some reason.
33. Of course, to be a super fan of the Cincinnati Bengals, you must dress like a super fan.
And it seems these guys seemed to go as Superman and The Thing. Of course, the guy on the right could be just any superhero but his costume doesn’t compare with the other guy’s.
34. When it comes to the Cleveland Browns, even Cerberus has to leave the Underworld to see them.
Always imagined Cerberus being way bigger than that. Then again, it’s certainly a fan in a ridiculous costume. And he’s crossing bones, too.
35. Of course, nothing shows your love for the New York Jets more than wearing a jet on your head.
Then again, it’s a rather appropriate costume because they are called the Jets. But it still looks too ridiculous to ignore just the same.
36. This Cincinnati Bengals fan always has his beard prepared for the occasion.
Now this guy certainly has amazing facial hair. But his wild beard in stripes? That’s something I can’t ignore for this post.
37. Hey, I didn’t know that Captain America was a Cleveland Browns fan.
Always thought the Captain would be a fan of the New York Jets or Giants. I mean he’s from New York. Then again, he might’ve had Cleveland roots for all we know.
38. While some neighborhoods have a crazy cat lady, only the Carolina Panthers have Catman as their fan.
Now this antlered cat is utterly hideous and terrifying. But I have to admit this guy certainly has a very warped sense of humor.
39. Nothing shows your love for the Dallas Cowboys than wearing an oversized helmet to the game.
Of course, I hope the big helmet doesn’t get in the way of the view for those behind him. Then again, I’m not sure if it’s guaranteed to prevent concussions either.
40. Now this guy is so pimped up to cheer for his Arizona Cardinals.
Yes, he’s a white guy in a pimp costume. Yes, I know it might be offensive. But it’s utterly ridiculous that I couldn’t ignore it. And I’m sure this guy’s fairly pumped.
41. Those in Indianapolis, say hello to Mr. Blue.
And yes, Mr. Blue seems to live up to his name. But all he cares about is being there to support his boys in blue, the Indianapolis Colts.
42. Hey, look, it’s Beetlejuice and he’s an Oakland Raiders fan.
Of course, knowing that he was played by Pittsburgh native Michael Keaton, I’d expect him to be a Steelers fan. Oh, well, to each his own.
43. Of course, the guy from Halo and Optimus Prime might be from different franchises. But one franchise they can agree on is the New Orleans Saints.
And the two seem to have the regalia to show it. Of course, Optimus had to really do more work than the Halo guy for obvious reasons.
44. Remember that whenever you’re in Chicago during Bears season, you always have to Beware the Bear.
Now that’s quite a costume this guy has on. One one hand, it’s very ridiculous. But on the other hand, it’s just so awesome to know the difference.
45. Of course, this butterfly beauty always spreads her wings for her Atlanta Falcons.
And boy, does she have fancy wings, indeed. Of course, they may not have as many feathers. But they’ll do just the same.
46. Of course, Oakland Raiders games aren’t the same without the Gorilla.
Now I’ve posted pictures of a lot of Raiders fans on here so far. But I couldn’t miss this guy since he’s known to be a character among Oakland Raiders fans.
47. When it comes to NFL teams, this Greek Hopilite always sides with the Dallas Cowboys.
Of course, whether he’s a Trojan or a Spartan warrior I don’t have the slightest idea. I mean it’s all Greek to me as they say.
48. Now these New England Patriots super fans are so utterly pumped to see their team.
So much so that they decided to wear their underwear over their pants in true superhero fashion. And their favorite player seems to be none other than Tom Brady, you know, the guy who thinks he shouldn’t be suspended for 4 games for deflated balls. I mean deflated footballs.
49. Now this guy is such a super Denver Broncos fan that he shows up with games in not even the shirt on his back.
Now this is pretty disturbing. I really don’t want to know what he has under there, thank you very much. Still, couldn’t ignore this one.
50. Of course, it’s never a Washington Redskins game unless you have the Hogettes.
For the record, these are guys in women’s clothes with pig snouts on them. But I’m sure their antics might not go so well with Miss Piggy. Yeah, real nice, boys. I mean, girls. Oh, well.
51. On Steelers game day, it’s always customary to kneel down and receive a blessing from the Pitt Pope.
Well, I know that’s not the Pope and I’m sure he’s not even a priest. But still, he’s a notable character among Steelers fans. Besides I couldn’t do an NFL fan post without including him. And I say that as someone from the Pittsburgh area as well as a Catholic. Because I wouldn’t hear the end of it from my parents.
52. Even in the winter cold, it always seems that Minnesota Vikings fans tend to stick together.
Now a KISS Vikings fan and a guy dressed as a Viking. Wonder how they thought of that. But at least one of them will certainly be warm.
53. What’s better than the Terrible Towel? Well, being dressed as one, of course.
Don’t ask me about the Terrible Towel and how that came to be. It’s a Pittsburgh Steeler thing that was started by their onetime broadcaster Myron Cope. That’s all I know.
54. Could it be? Why, it’s Seahawks Elvis!
Now this Elvis won’t leave the building until the game is over. And yes, he kind of seems like he’s from the Green Lantern universe or something like that.
55. Now this Tampa Bay Buccaneers fan really knows how to turn up the heat.
Of course, it should be obvious since his hair is practically on fire. Or so it seems. Still, the doll heads on his shoulders are creepy.
56. Sometimes football fans can be the biggest babies.
But this Broncos fan seems to take it a bit more literally than others. Yeah, I’m sure the bonnet and pacifier is going to make you look real cute (sarcasm).
57. Of course, there are some New Orleans Saints fans just there to clown around.
Now this guy is dressed as an actual circus clown. Yes, he might be creepy as hell, but he’s probably harmless and maybe even friendly. Of course, there are clowns who aren’t so friendly and more of a joke like Bobby Jindal.
58. Nothing shows your support more for the Atlanta Falcons than wearing a bucket hat with feathers.
Now does that guy look ridiculous or what? However, compared to some the fans you see here, he might pass for normal.
59. Of course, a woman doesn’t prove herself a true Green Bay Packers fan, unless she wears a bra to the game that matches her cheese hat.
I think they’re supposed to be “Claymates” or whatever that is. I’m not sure. I don’t really follow the Packers much anyway to know anything about their fan culture.
60. Hey, I had no idea that the Burger King was a Buffalo Bills fan.
Still, I can’t really say that the Buffalo Bills are a great team because that would be telling a whopper. Nevertheless, yeah, the Burger King is pretty creepy all right. But he seems to have so much fun.
61. Of course, some people go to the games just to hang out as friends.
I don’t know about you. But if I was at a Miami Dolphins game, I’d stay the hell away from these two scary clowns. Because to be honest, they’re terrifying the hell out of me.
62. Nothing shows your support for the New England Patriots than wearing a large conical hat with their logo on it.
Yeah, I know the hat’s a bit absurd. But at least this guy isn’t wearing a Tom Brady jersey. Of course, he might bump into a door way on his way out.
63. While painting yourself for the game isn’t unknown, some fans tend to take it to ridiculous levels.
Now this Dallas Cowboys fan seems to make the men from Blue Man Group seem a little pale in comparison. Of course, to make myself clear, the Dallas Cowboys aren’t “America’s Football Team.” Never were in the least.
64. Of course, you can’t have a Green Bay Packers game without the cheese pimp.
Sure the pimp costume might cause offense. But the guy looks so good with the green and yellow coat and cheese hat that I couldn’t resist.
65. Of course, you can’t be a true Baltimore Ravens fan without ruffling a few feathers.
And it seems that these people really seem to give it to the birds. Of course, they look utterly ridiculous in their outlandish outfits, but still.
66. Show your dedication to the Tampa Bay Buccaneers by wearing a pirate ship on your head.
Yeah, that’s a pirate ship all right. And it’s on that guy’s head. Not sure how it remains in good condition though. Then again, this might be the only time he wears it.
67. Ladies and gentlemen, may I introduce to you Hellraiser.
While Hellraiser may look like a slasher horror movie villain, he’s actually an Oakland Raiders fan. And he just dresses that way to support his team. He’s really nothing to worry about.
68. Of course, sometimes painting yourself in your team’s colors works. Sometimes it doesn’t.
And let’s just say, it’s certainly not working with this Chicago Bears fan. Yeah, he kind of looks ridiculous. But when it comes to NFL fans, it’s the thought that counts.
69. Now this guy can’t enjoy football season without sporting his Indianapolis Colts horseshoe beard.
Now that’s a creative way for a guy to support your team. Of course, how to explain that at work, I have no idea.
70. Now this Pittsburgh Steeler fan is ready to rock n’ roll all night.
Now I’m sure this person is a big fan of KISS as well from the outfit and makeup. Also seems to prefer a lot of bling as well from what I can recall.
71. Nothing shows your love for the Jacksonville Jaguars than painting yourself with spots.
While there are plenty of crazy Raiders fans, I don’t see a lot of crazy Jaguars fans on the Internet for some reason. And the Raiders and Jaguars pretty much have similar game stats. But he seems to stick out like a sore thumb.
72. Of course, this super Miami Dolphins fan is dressed up and ready to rumble.
Now this looks interesting. Must be some Miami based cape crusader. And I’m sure he’s wearing the mask to avoid embarrassing his family.
73. The Philadelphia Eagles has always been a team of birdmen, by birdmen, and for birdmen.
And yes, that guy’s wearing an eagle head for the game. And yes, despite the gestures, he doesn’t seem to carry on facial expressions too well.
74. Now this Cleveland Browns fan must be a real bonehead. Literally.
Now this guy seems to have a lot of bones on him for some reason. And what’s in his mouth? I really don’t want to know.
75. Of course, this skeleton monster always has to have fringe whenever he goes to see the Seahawks.
Well, he’s certainly dressed for the occasion if he wants to stick out. Still, not sure about the skulls and green grass on his shoulder pads but to each his own.
76. The Dark Side seems to be strong on this one.
Yes, this is another fan dressed as Darth Vader but from the Miami Dolphins. Of course, he’s also known as “Dolph Vader” with no pun intended.
77. Nothing shows your support for the Saint Louis Rams than bedazzling your horns.
I don’t know what’s more disturbing. The ram horns or the fact she has a mustache as well as “Mom” on her chest. Also, the stars on her face don’t help either.
78. Of course, some fans may prefer to dress like hopilites to express the true warrior spirit.
Hate to let down the Colts fan. But as wretched the Dallas Cowboys, I think the Dallas Cowboys hopilite wore it better. Sad to say.
79. Man, Cleveland Browns fans must really have a bunch of mad dogs around.
Now this dog must look like he’s high on something. And I don’t mean life. Perhaps he’s on something to drown his sorrows whenever the Cleveland Browns lose. Of course, that’s pretty frequent.
80. Now I couldn’t do a post about sports fans without including Washington Redskins fan Chief Zee.
Yes, I know the outfit won’t go well with Native Americans. But if I didn’t include him, I’m sure Redskins fans won’t let me hear the end of it. So there.
81. Nothing shows your support for the Cincinnati Bengals more than wearing a tiger striped coat and hat.
Yes, I know I’ve shown a few pimp costumes on here. But this guy seems rather chill and appears to have arrived early.
82. Now this Seattle Seahawks fan is incredibly hulked up for the game.
And I’m not saying this because he’s entirely green with unrealistically bulging muscles. Oh, wait. Yes, I am. Really would hate to see him if they lose.
83. Of course, even slasher horror movie villains can be cheeseheads.
Of course, I’m not sure if I’d want to be in the same stadium with him. But still, I hope he doesn’t take out his frustrations by killing somebody if his team loses.
84. Bald but don’t have a helmet? No problem.
I don’t know about you, but I think these San Francisco 49ers fans face paint jobs are kind of unsettling. Just so you know, I’m really not used to the helmet look without the helmet.
85. Of course, you can’t show your support for the Carolina Panthers without make up and a goofy blue wig to go with it.
Man, that guy looks real ridiculous with that on. Even wearing sunglasses doesn’t detract from it. Yeah, clown wigs really don’t make you look cool under any circumstance.
86. Now this Kansas City Chiefs fan is there to honor the team of his tribe.
Look, I admire this guy’s team spirit but I’m not sure that dressing up in Indian attire is a good way to show love for his team. Now I know naming your team the Chiefs isn’t as bad as the Redskins, but still. Kind of racist and offensive. Love to see this guy wear that in an Indian casino.
87. Hmm….kind of surprised that Boba Fett is a fan of the Buffalo Bills. Doesn’t really strike me as one.
And he seems really pumped up for the big game. Of course, as a Bills fan, he must expect a great degree of disappointment. I mean the Bills aren’t known for winning games.
88. Of course, this guy is such a diehard Baltimore Ravens fan that he shows up to game day in style.
Yes, that’s another pimp costume. However, for some reason he kind of reminds me of the Joker. I don’t know why. Must be the purple coat and hat.
89. When you’re a New Orleans Saints fan, sometimes it pays to enter like a Roman centurion.
Yes, the hat is badass and so is the shield. Not sure about the makeup and the leather attire though. But it’s all coordinated with the fleur de lys.
90. If the Tampa Bay Buccaneers don’t win this time, then this zombie pirate will make sure they walk the plank.
Now this guy’s kind of terrifying. Still, he seems to be reveling in the game as I see from his hands. Then again, I hope he doesn’t frighten the kiddies.
91. Now I give you an example of a true Atlanta Falcons fan.
And it seems that his beak very closely resembles a football for some reason. Nevertheless, this is a clever fan costume. Wonder if he’s a known character around Atlanta.
92. Some people blow whistles. Others just wear giant ones on their head.
I think this New Orleans Saints fan might be well known in his locale. Of course, I’d like to know what he’s shouting from the top of his lungs.
93. I heard that Tennessee Titans fans are among the most resilient football fans in the country.
Because I have no idea why this guy is still cheering despite having a sword in his head. Yeah, that helmet was very ineffective.
94. Marvel at these beautiful Minnesota Vikings fans in their purple hair.
And it seems that a couple of them are wearing horns for the occasion. Hope they watch where they shake their heads.
95. As I’ve heard, it’s said that venison sausage and cheese go very well together.
Okay, now I understand these are Green Bay Packers fans. But I have to admit that their dress is pretty disgusting. Seriously, is that supposed to be blood? Gross. Also, I hope that’s not real sausage.
96. This guy has accomplished honoring his two loves: the Carolina Panthers and Tom Hanks movies.
And it seems like he’s going with the movie Castaway. Yeah, I’m not sure about that either. Of course, having the volleyball named Wilson on his head is quite clever.
97. Let’s not mind these New York Giants fans with their coconut bras.
Now I’m sure they’re wearing those to cover their man boobs. But I’m not positive. Still, the blue paint doesn’t seem to do any favors.
98. Now this Detroit Lions fan really knows how to get things going.
I wonder what his hat supposed to resemble. Is it some complex electric fan or an internal combustion engine?
99. Now the Houston Texans better be ready for game day. Or else they’ll have to deal with this guy.
Of course, he’s just a Houston Texans fan with a rather scary mask and wig. Still, some NFL fans can get quite a bit out of hand at times.
100. Of course, this Pittsburgh Steeler fan is going all out.
Yes, Steeler fans may be kind of crazy. An I’m not sure how this guy manages to see anything. But I’m sure fans from other teams aren’t far behind.