There’s a lot to talk about food in the Muppets world. Sometimes the food can even talk, sing, and move like sentient beings. Even if they’re baked goods and vegetables. Really. Same goes when it comes to Sesame Street, especially when they’re trying to get kids to eat healthy. Don’t ask. Also, Hooper’s Store and Charlie’s are among Sesame Street’s premiere eating places. One serves as a resident hangout. The other is where Grover works as a waiter since he has ultimate job security despite massively sucking at customer service skills. I mean there was a sketch he basically ordered 6 cakes for a birthday party because he didn’t realize that the guests were referring to one person. Seriously. And that bald blue-headed customer is always complaining about him. On the Muppet Show we have the one and only Swedish Chef whose culinary endeavors always lead to some kind of cooking catastrophe. These include a turtle aiming at him with tank guns, being held up at gunpoint by lobsters, being attacked by spaghetti, being chased by a chicken wielding a cleaver, and more. He also uses a lot of unconventional kitchen implements like battle axes, blunderbusses, chainsaws, bazookas, and more. Off-screen, you’ll find plenty of Muppet treats out there mostly made for parties. So for your reading pleasure I give you a treasure trove of delectable Muppet treats. Enjoy.
- For a Rainbow Connection cake, this one of Kermit is perfect.
Of course, the rainbow in this cake is in the inside. Because that’s the side that really counts.
2. These Sesame Street chocolates make it fun to learn your ABCs.
By the way, these are professionally made. But you wouldn’t mind putting this cuteness in your mouth.
3. If you love the Muppets, then take a look at this cake.
It’s a cake of the Muppets onstage at the Muppet theater. You know where they do the show.
4. This buttercream Beaker cake is a wondrous breakthrough in pastry creation.
Compared to some of the cakes you’ll see here, this seems relatively easy. Mostly because Beaker has identifiable features and his shape.
5. These Muppet bento lunches are a healthy treat.
These lunches consist of Kermit fruit snacks, Animal salad, and a Miss Piggy sandwich. So cute.
6. A Beaker twinkie makes a great tasty snack.
This one even has him screaming with icing. Also, like Beaker, the twinkie probably has a lot of artificial preservatives by now.
7. Nothing makes a party a hit like these Muppet Show cookies.
Sure they may be professionally made. But they include all your favorites. Well, they should.
8. This Miss Piggy bento lunch is sow fabulous.
It consists of a sandwich with pasta hair. Also bread ears and snout. But it surely resembles her.
9. Might want to take a bite out of this Electric Mayhem bus cake.
You might’ve seen the bus in the Muppet Movie. Also, I think the Electric Mayhem may be on the other side.
10. Seems like the Swedish Chef is on top of the pots with this cake.
Well, pots and pans. And they’re all on top of an active burner. Hope he doesn’t get, burnt, burnt, burnt.
11. This Muppet theater cake is simply a spectacle.
Yes, I know it’s another Muppet Theater cake. But this one even has boxes for Statler and Waldorf. Also the Muppets are in action.
12. Now that has to be a stellar Muppet cake display.
I think this might be for a wedding. Yet, the serving display has tiers featuring cupcakes of your favorite Muppet characters.
13. This Cookie Monster cake shows the lovable blue monster in cookie heaven.
Yes, Cookie Monster is in the cookie jar with his chocolate chip cookies. Hope he doesn’t overdo it.
14. This Elmo pizza is pure lunch time fun.
Unlike in most pizzas, the sauce goes over the cheese. Yet at least the got his smile right.
15. If you’re hungry on the go, make it a Beaker wrap.
At least you don’t have to put this in the oven. It even has carrot hair and a guacamole shirt and olive tie.
16. This cake is about as trashy as Oscar the Grouch likes it.
Strangely it has a recycling symbol on it. But it has a lot of crap that Oscar will think as a fitting tribute to him.
17. If you like peanut butter, these Fozzie Bear cookies will make you say, “Wocka, Wocka.”
They’re just peanut butter cookies shaped like Fozzie and decorated in his likeness. What more can you ask for?
18. As you may know, it’s not easy being the Green Lantern.
This cake has Kermit the Frog as the Green Lantern. Because being green kind of suits him. After all, he’s a frog.
19. If you’re not into superheroes, this Kermit cake will do.
It just has Kermit being his laid back self. Not minding anyone’s business but his own.
20. For more healthy options, try this Kermit fruit snack.
This Kermit has an apple head, a celery neck, and a beet mouth. But it’s a real good likeness.
21. Looks like Cookie Monster couldn’t resist what was in the cookie jar.
No wonder they have Sesame Street skits in which he has to learn self-control. Only to forget it shortly after. Because he’s Cookie Monster.
22. For lunch, this Swedish Chef sandwich will make you say, “Bork, Bork, Bork!”
Has a bread face with bread crust beard and eyebrows. But his hat is made from tortilla. Enjoy.
23. How would you like Animal to burst from the drum cake?
After all, Animal plays the drums. Guess this is for a kid’s 10th birthday. Fair enough.
24. Speaking of Animal, this Electric Mayhem cake rocks.
And they all seem to be tired after a show on the road. Then again, this group was modeled after 1960s and 1970s rock bands.
25. These Cookie Monster cupcakes look good enough to eat.
I especially like hoe they have cookies coming out of his mouth. That’s very ingenious and touching to everyone’s favorite junk food hound.
26. How about a cake of Gonzo the Great?
You know the daredevil with a chicken fetish. Don’t worry, his relationship with Camilla is of mutual love and respect.
27. For the curmudgeon who has nothing nice to say, you might want to celebrate their birthday with a cake of Statler and Waldorf.
Sure Statler and Waldorf are mean old men. But at least their insults are always PG rated. Gotta love these guys.
28. For Muppet Show lovers, this is a great cake for you.
After all, this shows how the Muppets are introduced. Even Statler and Waldorf who are usually in the audience.
29. Nothing makes a great Sesame Street party like these fruit platters.
This has a kiwi Oscar, a pineapple Bert, a watermelon Elmo, and an orange Ernie. Well, at least those are the prominent fruits on their trays.
30. These Kermit rainbow fruit kabobs will help kids establish a healthy rainbow connection.
This one has Kermit as an apple centerpiece. But it’s still a delightful Muppet platter.
31. For growing brains, this Sesame Street lunch makes learning fun.
This one includes rice balls of Bert, Ernie, Big Bird, Oscar, Elmo, and Cookie Monster. And they’re surrounded by salad.
32. Cookie Monster fudge makes a delectable dessert to violently gorge for.
These are in light blue and have cookies in them. Cookie Monster would be touched.
33. No one could resist this Muppet toy box cake.
This one only consists of the main Muppets along with Elmo and Cookie Monster. But it’s nonetheless adorable.
34. A singing Kermit under a rainbow always makes a great cake.
Like how it says, “Life is fun when you’re having flies!” Well, to a frog. To a human not so much.
35. Hope this bento lunch doesn’t make you grouchy.
Nice Oscar consists of a salad of leafy greens. Slimey even has his own trash can.
36. If you like Fozzie Bear, then these Rice Krispie treats will suit your fancy.
These seem to resemble him more than the peanut butter cookies. Like the icing face though.
37. Speaking of Rice Krispie treats, you can’t resist these ones from Sesame Street.
Includes Cookie Monster, Oscar, and Elmo. Each has a cookie mouth. Though Elmo and Oscar have Oreo for black.
38. This Kermit might remind an old frog of home.
After all, Kermit is a swamp frog from the American South. So playing a banjo makes sense though he doesn’t have an accent.
39. Help yourself to some Animal pasta salad.
Well, it’s the only kind of pasta with pink noodles. Just to match Animal’s fur.
40. For lunch time delights, this Swedish Chef bento has all the trimmings.
This one includes a Swedish Chef sandwich and chicken eggs. Seems he wants to cook them both.
41. This Piggy pasta salad will make you go hog wild.
Doesn’t hurt it includes ham. Or does it? Like how they used noodles for her hair though.
42. If you liked the Dark Crystal, take a look at this cake.
It’s one of those cult movies that feature Muppets in high fantasy. But I include this since it’s part of Jim Henson’s repertoire.
43. Swedish Chef fans would appreciate a cake of the cook in his kitchen.
Of course, the Swedish Chef’s kitchen environment makes Gordon Ramsay’s look tame. Then again, I’m sure if constant insults is better than a turtle shell tank or armed lobsters.
44. These Muppet bon bons are a small delight.
They’re all just sitting up around a candy. Not sure if they’re cakes. But these are cute.
45. A Sesame Street lunch like this is great for sunny days.
Seems of the bento box variety. Yet, though Ernie is made from rice, Bert is made from corn. Like the flowers, too.
46. No dessert platter is complete without these Muppet cake pops.
Includes Beaker, Fozzie, Kermit, Miss Piggy, and Rowlf. And I hope each one has a chocolate center.
47. No one can resist the sight of Gonzo eyeing spaghetti.
Yes, you have to look at Gonzo’s big eyes as he holds up a knife and fork. Adorable.
48. Learn letters and numbers with these Sesame Street cake pops.
Includes Oscar, Cookie Monster, Elmo, and Big Bird. And each looks good enough to eat.
49. Fans of Fraggle Rock will fall in love with this cake.
For a show that came in the 1980s, it has a strange pop culture presence to this day. Yet, I’m not familiar with it.
50. For appetizers, these Sesame Street snack platters shall serve you well.
There’s broccoli Oscar, strawberry Elmo, blueberry Cookie Monster, and cheddar cheese Big Bird. Like how Big Bird’s nose is made from Ritz crackers.
51. No Muppet party is complete without a Scooter cheese ball.
Like how his hair is made from baby carrots. And how his glasses are made from cucumber slices.
52. This Muppet totem pole cake will make your party tops.
Not sure about the concept behind this. But I think it’s quite original to say the least.
53. These Sesame Street cupcakes are a tasty treat.
I’m sure these are professionally made with the detail. But these do consist on some of the best characters save for the Count.
54. There’s nothing healthier for a midday meal than a Beaker sandwich.
Helps it has a lot of fruit and veggies in it. Not sure about the shaved orange nose though.
55. No child can ever resist the Elmo bento lunch.
Well, if they’re pre-schoolers, anyway. Still, like how it has 2 small buns. Adorable.
56. If you liked Rowlf the Dog, then this is the cake for you.
Here he is at a white piano and in a white suit. But he’s still typical Rowlf.
57. Fraggle Rock fans will find these cupcakes delightful.
Once again, I’m just including this to pander. Because I’m not familiar with Fraggle Rock which aired in the 1980s.
58. For Sesame Street fans, a cake like this is simply whimsical.
Of course, this isn’t a cake you’d see at most kids’ birthdays. Unless their parents are in the 1%.
59. These Kermit and Fozzie lunches are great midday delights.
Nice that Kermit’s has a rainbow for “Rainbow Connection.” Fozzie’s is barely recognizable.
60. Grace your dessert platter with this Ernie and Bert bed cake.
Boy, would some people on the Christian Right go nuts on this one. Though Bert and Ernie usually sleep in separate twin beds with their names on them.
61. Wake up in the morning to some Kermit pancakes.
Doesn’t necessarily resemble Kermit. But, hey, it’s not easy being green.
62. For a more Latin flair, try a Kermit quesadilla.
However, if you live in the US, proceed to try one with caution south of the border. Since it might make you turn green. No offense, Mexico.
63. These Muppet cupcakes are surely just desserts.
Of course, you can’t help but love these. But each cupcake is unique in its own way.
64. For baby showers, a cake with Bunsen and Beaker is none too shabby.
Though babies are much easier than any of their inventions. At least they don’t have mechanical glitches that lead to Beaker getting hurt all the time.
65. Raise healthy kids with these Sesame Street fruit snacks.
Includes, Ernie, Bert, and Elmo. Not sure about Elmo having kiwi eyes. Makes him look like a loon.
66. This Elmo spaghetti is always a hit with the little ones.
Doesn’t hurt that Elmo’s face can be done on top of tomato sauce. Like the olive mouth.
67. This Kermit bento lunch is fit for any amphibian.
Includes Kermit’s face on an apple as well as some pasta for the background. Not to mention, cheese.
68. These Muppet cookies each have a different color.
Sure they may be professionally made. But each has some degree of character. Like the Swedish Chef’s having a food border.
69. These Ernie and Bert cake pops simply belong together.
Yet, both seem to have noses the same color as their skin. On the show Bert has an orange nose while Ernie has a red one.
70. No one can resist these delectable Sesame Street cupcakes.
Almost each of these has an Oreo mouth. Included are Oscar, the Count, Bert, Ernie, Elmo, Cookie Monster, and Big Bird.
71. This Bunsen and Beaker cake is a work of genius.
After all, it includes elements from the Periodic Table as well as atomic structures. Perfect for science geeks.
72. This Muppet cake is a strip of many colors.
Well, it’s not exactly a rainbow. But it’s quite cool to behold.
73. This burning Beaker cake is explosively fun.
Unless you’re Beaker. Because you know what usually happens to him at Muppet Labs.
74. With a cake like this, you’d almost think Kermit is carried away.
Well, it features Kermit with a bunch of other Muppet balloons. By the way, there’s a 3D version of this one.
75. Seemed like something spilled on this cake.
This one might be a wedding cake from how I can tell Kermit and Miss Piggy are dressed. Also, what’s with the strawberries?
76. These Cookie Monster cake pops should make a fine addition to any dessert platter.
Like how these have a cookie stuck in his mouth. That’s just so perfect.
77. For Muppet cakes, you might consider a customized option.
After all, this Muppet girl is just a Muppet girl. Don’t remember seeing her from any Jim Henson franchise.
78. This Muppet Rushmore cake seems almost set in stone.
Well, it’s a Muppet Mount Rushmore one. Never seen anything like that before.
79. A cake like this is bound to take anyone to the air.
You see I was right about the 3D version. But I’m not sure how making a cake like this is plausible.
80. For Sesame Street parties, you can’t go wrong with Oscar’s trash cans.
It’s basically chocolate pudding with Oreos on top. Still, these are very creative if you ask me.
81. This Big Bird lunch is anything to chirp about.
Best served with a birdseed milkshake as Big Bird would’ve preferred. Cute.
82. Grace your dessert platter with these unique Sesame Street cupcakes.
Another set of expensive pastries done by professionals. But their icing sculptures are worth noting.
83. Seems like Kermit’s notes have character.
Took me awhile to figure this cake out. But once I realized these were music notes, it seemed to make more sense.
84. These food faces of Bert and Ernie bring all smiles.
Not sure if these are for eating. But I like how Bert has the top of a pineapple as hair. The licorice lips are also clever.
85. This Cookie Monster Macaroon will make you go nom, nom, nom, nom, nom.
Has sugar sprinkles on for super fuzziness. Like how he has the cookie in his mouth. Brilliant.
86. With these Kermit cupcakes, the eyes have it.
If you want Constantine cupcakes, all you have to do is put a chocolate chip on it. Still, like the marshmallow frog eyes.
87. Even Cookie Monster would adore these Sesame Street cookies.
Yes, they may be made from a bakery. But they have letters and numbers as well as characters. These are adorable.
88. If you’re more into chocolate, these Sesame Street brownie bites should do nicely.
Includes Cookie Monster, Elmo, and Bert. And each brownie has its own cup.
89. A Beaker cookie pop is a treat for the future.
Well, he has nice pretzel hair in orange icing. Not sure what the cookie is underneath.
90. If you like Cookie Monster, then you’ll like these Oreos.
These consist of a cookie covered in icing eating another cookie. What more can you ask for. Love it.
91. Don’t look now, but Cookie Monster is eating the cookie cake!
Don’t worry, this is part of the cake. However, if it was real, Cookie Monster would probably reduce it to crumbs.
92. This Kermit fruit tray gives you a healthy rainbow connection.
Since he’s the one who sings about rainbows in the Muppet Movie. But his head always has to be in the center.
93. If you like fuzzy red monsters, then you’ll adore this Elmo cake.
Even has Elmo near the presents. Certainly a birthday cake for a little kid. So cute.
94. This Sesame Street cake comes stacked.
Has Cookie Monster, Big Bird, and Elmo tiers. But Oscar the Grouch is on top.
95. This Big Bird cake will surely have you tickled yellow.
Well, Big Bird is the face of Sesame Street. Yet, here he is with his legs spread out to wish someone a happy birthday.
96. Speaking of Big Bird, here he is receiving a cake from Prairie Dawn.
I think this was featured in a show on the Food Network. Still, Big Bird looks so lifelike here.
97. Make a super birthday super great with this Super Grover cake.
Sure Super Grover doesn’t beat up any bad guys or save the day. But he’s super cute so that should count.
98. A Miss Piggy cake should always bring out one’s inner glamorpuss.
This might be derived from a photo of her in a black dress. But yes, she’s sow fabulous.
99. Animal fans would love seeing a cake of him at his drum set.
After all, Animal is the drummer for the Electric Mayhem. Though off-stage he’s a real animal.
100. For a Muppet wedding cake, the whole gang has got to be there.
Well, all the main Muppets are in the audience. Save for the Swedish Chef and the chicken. Amazing.