When it comes to 4th of July, some Americans take the holiday more seriously and go all out than others. For instance, my family hardly does anything special on the 4th other than watch fireworks outside at night. Yet, there are communities that stage 4th of July parades as well as have 4th of July picnics. Then there are residents that have 4th of July picnics or barbecues as well. Yet, on 4th of July, there are plenty of Americans who decorate their homes in a patriotic flair like this one shown above. Families like mine don’t do this. But plenty do since 4th of July decorations are now on sale at stores during this time, especially American flags. Yet, for some people, 4th of July decorations like these don’t seem unique enough for there taste. So these people make their own in order to celebrate the holiday. And yes, you can find plenty of 4th of July crafts on Pinterest and Etsy, too. Many of these DIY decorations are clad in red, white, and blue as well as may contain an American flag. So for your reading pleasure, I bring you to the star spangled world of unforgettable 4th of July craft projects.
- An American flag quilting square is well suited for any wall.
And it looks quite fine for over a table. Like the star part on it. Yes, it’s cool.
2. Plants are sure to thrive in this star spangled planter.
This consists of 2 flower pots. The smaller is of stripes. The larger is blue with white stars.
3. These wooden firecrackers will surely bring a bang to your decor.
Sure they may not explode. But they are clad like the American flag and are great for either indoors or outdoors.
4. A red, white, and blue wooden chair looks great with a Betsy Ross star design.
And you can sit your ass on there whenever you’d like on the 4th of July. Still, remember Betsy Ross didn’t design the first American flag. Honest she didn’t.
5. A sheet with corrugated aluminum always makes a great American flag hanging.
Just note that making anything with an American flag pattern takes a lot of time and precision. Because the flag itself has a lot of small details to account for like stars for instance.
6. How about a star spangled banner made from twigs?
Well, that looks quite rustic. Like how they tied all the sticks together. Lovely.
7. For double front doors, it’s stars on one side and stripes on the other.
As you can see with this pair of wreaths. Then again, neither seem very hard to do at any rate.
8. If you don’t have any stars, you can always try white buttons.
Sure white buttons will do for that American flag wreath. Makes it seem quite quaint for any patriotic household.
9. A patriotic wreath like this will make you see stars.
Because it’s a red, white, and blue star wreath. And yes, it has some ribbon trimmings, too.
10. Sometimes the wreath itself can come in all 3 American flag colors.
Well, I like how the colors seem to meld in this one. Also like how it’s covered in white stars, too.
11. May this glass block say, “God Bless America.”
Like a lot of glass blocks I’ve shown, this also lights up at night, too. Like the font on this, too.
12. You can make your own Uncle Sam with a flower pot and a can.
And it seems Uncle Sam is looking sensational. Like the stars on his hat. Then again, everything about this is quite ingenious if you think about it.
13. A shutter of Old Glory is a must for any patriotic home.
This one has the American flag on it and seems quite rustic and antique. Still, like the rows of stars on the top.
14. Outdoors, grace your patio furniture with some red, white, and blue cushions.
They come in red, white, and blue with white stars. Also includes a blue pillow with white stars, too.
15. This red, white, and blue ribbon tree is great for any American home.
I’ve seen such trees like it for other holidays. But this one certainly goes well for 4th of July or any patriotic holiday.
16. Who knew that you can plant flowers in a pair of star spangled cowboy boots?
Well, the flowers certainly go with the boot design. But don’t try to wear them. Really, it’s not a good idea.
17. Serve your guests appetizers with this American flag tray.
The dip area goes in the star place by the way. But I’m not sure if you’d want to use a tray like this at a 4th of July party.
18. An American flag can be easily painted on a panel of wood.
But like I said, patience, persistence, and precision is needed. Also, you’d probably not produce something as nice like this.
19. A 4th of July wreath like this one makes its own fireworks.
Anyone could just say so for themselves. Because it looks so patriotic and festive.
20. There’s no wreath that captures the patriotic spirit like a stars and stripes one of tulle.
Only a quarter of it is blue with 3 white stars. The rest is of red and white stripes all around.
21. A patriotic apron matron always dresses in her star spangled attire in the kitchen.
Wonder if they have a male version of this. And I wonder if it comes with an Uncle Sam chef’s hat along with it.
22. For those flowery spirits, a 4th of July carnation wreath is just for you.
Of course, the flowers on these are totally fake like you’d see in a cemetery during the winter. But this is very pretty just the same.
23. For your patriotic porch swing, you’ll need some patriotic cushions a 4th of July occasion.
This set has a red seat with 2 striped pillows and 1 long pillow with stars. A great American outdoor arrangement, may I say.
24. I’m sure you can put these firecrackers right out in your lawn.
Because unlike real firecrackers, they don’t really explode and cause any danger to humans. Also, you can decorate them as you please.
25. For simplicity’s sake you can always wrap an American flag on a wreath.
But make sure it’s small enough and bought cheap. Because you don’t want to put a real one on there. Like the blue star though.
26. Got old wine glasses? Make patriotic candle holders out of them.
And you could make 2 with stripes and 1 with stars. Also, you can use string for a rustic touch.
27. Show your love for the US by decorating your mailbox in star spangled glory.
And it seems this person went all out with theirs. Includes American flags, ribbons, firecrackers, and a beer can.
28. This patriotic lantern will surely hold a candle.
Yet, since it’s made of wood, it’s probably better off as decoration. Then again, the candle could be fake and battery powered.
29. If you don’t like wreaths, perhaps wrap a flag around a ladder.
Once again, don’t use a real American flag for this. Yet, I do think this makes a great outdoor decoration.
30. A star spangled star is always a sight to see.
You can find stars like this anywhere they sell outdoor decor. But I like how this one is painted. Lovely.
31. Of course, a red, white, and blue berry wreath is possible.
Well, this one seems to have a few rustic touches. Like the blue part with stars.
32. A wooden Uncle Sam gives any patriotic abode a few homey touches.
This one seems so finely painted, too. Like his bow and hat. Adorable.
33. A red, white, and blue bauble wreath brings out a festive American spirit.
And I guess this will be as American and patriotic as red, white, and blue fireworks. The stars on this are great though.
34. Step out at your 4th of July party with a pair of patriotic flip flops.
These have red and white straps and blue bows with stars. However, don’t wear these in a public shower. They’re not for that.
35. These American flag candle holders are made from star spangled glass.
Actually I made that up. But they surely seem pretty from sea to shining sea.
36. Didn’t know you can put an American flag in a window pane.
Well, I don’t think you can. But this setup does make a really nice 4th of July decoration.
37. How would you like to put this American flag at your door?
Well, this is a deco mesh flag decoration and not an exact copy. But it will be great for any patriotic home, nonetheless.
38. An American flag wreath like this is a must for any flag waving American who loves their country.
Not sure what it’s made from. But it’s certainly a 4th of July wreath anyone could hang on their front door. Like the stars, too.
39. These crocheted American flag coasters will keep your wooden surfaces safe.
They may also be able to double as pot holders if they’re big enough. Still, might take some time to make them.
40. Salute the red, white, and blue with a tulle wreath like this.
This is especially if you’re the one setting off fireworks. Like the design on this. Lovely.
41. These American flag mason jars will make your flowers thrive.
One has stars while 2 have stripes. But they seem to be used as vases than anything.
42. A burlap wreath can always bring out an American pioneer spirit.
That looks quite lovely for an old wooden door. Love the blue bow with stars on it. Cute.
43. How about a star coming out of an old Uncle Sam hat?
Makes a fine centerpiece for a table or decoration for anything in the living room. Like how the hat’s painted, too.
44. A quilt like this is surely an American patchwork effort.
And it seems to use so many shades of red, white, and blue. More or less draped on a bench for decoration.
45. If you love this land, salute the USA with this hanging.
But you might want to keep it around to support Team USA in the Olympics. Just saying.
46. Drape your American furniture with this American flag blanket.
Yes, it kind of looks as if it was made from rags and cloth scraps. But that’s kind of intentional.
47. An American yarn wreath has its own kind of patriotic elegance.
Well, it’s quite graceful compared to some of the other wreaths I posed. Love how the stars look in that navy blue.
48. Using the right license plates can really make a great patriotic statement.
Yes, this is an American flag made from license plates. Don’t ask me what state you have to live to make something like this. Because I don’t have the slightest idea.
49. I’m sure the light of liberty can shine through this painted wine bottle.
This old wine bottle is painted red, white, and blue. And it has something lighting up inside as well. Yes, it’s quite amazing.
50. Didn’t know you can put an American flag impression on a tree slice.
And this kid seems quite proud of it, too. Notice how the blue part is all sparkly.
51. Rest your head on these crocheted American flag pillows.
Or pillowcases if I’m wrong. Either way, they’ll bring out the American spirit on your couch.
52. An American plant is bound to blossom in this stars and stripes flower pot.
Has a blue row with stripes on the top. And columns of red and white stripes on the bottom.
53. A cushion like this will honor who is first in the hearts of his countrymen.
You know him as George Washington. By the way, did I tell you he accidentally started a major world war at 22? True story.
54. This hanging salutes the men and women fighting for our freedom overseas.
And it has a silhouette of Iwo Jima photo holding a small American flag. Very creative if you ask me.
55. Among these stars USA surely stands out.
I suppose these are made from wood. And are painted in the red, white, and blue.
56. A weary head will have a fine rest with this stars and stripes pillow.
Well, it doesn’t have all the stars on it. But it’s a very good American flag rendition.
57. Keep yourself squeaky clean with some 4th of July soap.
Contains stars inside and out. Will surely keep you star spangled and squeaky clean.
58. No American flowers can thrive better than in a glass mosaic American flag vase.
Well, that’s a grand old design on a vase. Wouldn’t want to put that in a high place with a small ledge. Hate to see something like that broken.
59. For a grand old American shower experience this star spangled soap is for you.
Yes, this is a bar of soap that resembles an American flag. But it will soon disappear after use for some time.
60. For a more American living room, this hanging has the land of the free in its flag.
Well, as far as the lower 48 are concerned. Alaska and Hawaii aren’t on here. Not sure if it goes well with aluminum though.
61. A light up wine bottle with stripes and stars can always shine bright in dark places.
Well, it surely lights up better than the previous one I showed earlier. Really pretty if you ask me.
62. You can assemble an American flag with 5 of these old wine bottles.
However, you don’t drink out of them because they’re for display. Consists of 2 blue with stars and 3 with red and white stripes.
63. These star spangled planters will bring your plants to patriotic glory.
Well, they’re made of metal and look quite antique. But they sure have lovely flowers in them.
64. For 4th of July, this wreath salutes the red, white, and denim blue.
Yes, this is a denim 4th of July wreath. Hope the denim on here is from jeans made in the USA.
65. You’ll be lucky to find this 4th of July wreath of horseshoes.
Like how these form a star in the center. And how it’s painted blue while the edges are red and white.
66. A wreath like this draped with an American flag shows how you’re devoted to this country.
Yes, this is a heart wreath draped with an American flag. And yes, it’s a patriotic piece of beauty just the same.
67. A wreath with a lot flags can always capture the American spirit.
I guess you get these flags from sandwiches. Or a craft store to make something like this.
68. An old American flag always goes well with flowers.
Yes, the flag might seem aged in this but it’s intentional. But I think the flowers on here are especially pretty.
69. A 4th of July wreath is well suited beyond the fruited plains.
It even uses 3 old looking flags for more patriotic goodness. Also good for using on Thanksgiving if you think it’s appropriate.
70. A beaded American flag pin helps show off your love for your country.
I’ve seen a few of these in my life. So they’re probably not hard to make if you can get some beads through a safety pin coil.
71. I’m sure the Statue of Liberty would wear an apron like this in her kitchen.
This one has a blue top with white stars. And a skirt with red and white stripes to go along with it.
72. Cuddle up on your couch this 4th of July with this quality patriotic pillow.
Has a blue ribbon with stars on a zizgag red and white stripe pattern. But you can’t help but love it.
73. Guess I’d call this a horseshoe flag.
Well, except for the blue star union pattern. Nevertheless, I think this is a very clever rendition of the stars and stripes.
74. With this wreath, may God bless the land we love.
Yes, it says “God Bless America” on it with a heart shaped wreath. But it surely looks patriotic and festive to me. So it goes on this post.
75. A star spangled American owl will surely be a hoot on the 4th of July.
I know our country’s symbol is the bald eagle. But this is so cute that I had to put it on this post.
76. Keep your clothes free from wrinkles with this stars and stripes ironing board.
Okay, it’s more for decorative purposes only. I just want to say that. Still, nice how someone can use that as a 4th of July decoration.
77. This small American flag makes a great patchwork display from a hanger.
Yes, it only has a quilting star on it and different pattern stripes. But that’s kind of the point of patchwork quilt works.
78. For those who think a beaded flag pin is too difficult, you might like this American flag angel.
Well, that’s more original than a flag pin. But it’s also quite tiny. Very pretty though.
79. For patriotic 4th of July displays, this American flag table runner comes in handy.
Yes, put anything red, white, and blue on it, except food. Because you want to preserve the decoration, people.
80. Keep your star spangled things in order with these Betsy Ross flag boxes.
They can also be used as display items as well. Come in 3 different sizes.
81. Salute the USA on the 4th of July with this light up wine bottle.
Guess it’s the 3rd one I’ve had on this post that light. But it does have the letters “USA” on it and puts the stars on the side.
82. Guess this will make a very patriotic planter display.
Has the stars on the bottom and the stripes on the top. Really looks amazing though.
83. A deco mesh that’s red, white, and blue is surely festive for the 4th of July celebrations.
Now that’s a great front door patriotic display on a wreath. Love the glittery red, white, and blue stars, too.
84. Sit your ass down on this star spangled chair.
Your seat is on the stripes. And your back is on the stars. Not sure if it sounds right.
85. American birds will always enjoy a star spangled birdhouse.
Personally, I don’t think the birds give a shit. But these are really nice birdhouses if you ask me.
86. Some jars can be used to hold flowers, others to hold lights.
Well, this is a nice way to use old jars. Like how the lights show through them in the night.
87. For taller flowers, patriotic plant buckets should come in handy.
And each metal pot is decorated in a unique style. Like the one in the middle the best.
88. You can always make old wine bottles appear both patriotic and festive.
Helps that these also have ribbons on the tops. And the one in the middle has some other decor along with it.
89. There’s always a party going on wherever you see a patriotic cocktail wreath.
This is made from the umbrellas you find in drinks. But these have American flag stuff on them.
90. With this 4th of July hanging, you always have to include some rockets.
And both of them seem to have an American flag on them. Like the bow though.
91. Wooden fireworks always look amazing when displayed on a table.
Because they’re in patriotic colors and don’t blow up. Like the bows on these by the way.
92. An American flag can always spring out of Uncle Sam’s hat.
Yes, this is another Uncle Sam hat display. But this one is quite different. Because it has a flag springing from it. The other one didn’t.
93. This star spangled vessel would go great on any living room table.
I’m not sure what this is supposed to be but I know it seems old-fashioned. But I like how it’s painted.
94. A wreath like this is great for welcoming guests for your star spangled festivities.
And when you look in the middle, you see that a star is formed. Kind of neat if you ask me.
95. Or perhaps an American flag deco mesh wreath might suit you better.
For a craft post, I just had to include this. This is especially since it has the American flag pattern on it.
96. These wooden firework blocks are bursting with stars.
Well, as far as the stars are streaming out from these blocks. Available in red, white, and blue.
97. This American flag is on the rails.
I have to admit, never seen a flag like this before. Like the star dots on there. So lovely.
98. Salute America with these wooden fireworks of the rockets’ red glare.
Each one is decorated in its own way. One even says, “USA.”
99. With a wreath like this, your patriotism has to be rather flowery.
Yes, this is another flower 4th of July wreath. But this one has the flowers closer together and a red, white, and blue ribbon on it.
100. With this wall hanging on your door, you can let freedom ring.
And it helps because it has red, white, and blue jingles that jangle. Love the flowers on this though. Very pretty.